GAITHERSBURG, Md., March 17, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — GL Communications Inc., a global leader in telecommunications test and measurement solutions, spoke to the press regarding its IP Multimedia Subsystem network emulation tool ( IMS) called MAPS™ Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) IMS Test Suite.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/334ba8cb-0275-46fe-a0e2-54e9390a4365
The Internet Protocol (IP) Multimedia Subsystem, commonly referred to as IMS, is built on the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) as the foundation to further support the consolidation of voice, video, data, fixed and mobile services on a single platform. -form for end users. It provides a single convergence platform for different types of networks – whether mobile, satellite, broadband, wired and fixed networks, to create an efficient interoperable network.
Message Automation and Protocol Simulation (MAPS™) is multi-protocol, multi-interface emulation software with a common framework to support emulation of a variety of signaling and traffic generation protocols, including voice, tones, digits, fax, data and video. It covers legacy PSTN, next generation VoIP, wireless equipment, interfaces and networks. Interfaces can be analog, TDM, IP/Ethernet or wireless.
“GL’s MAPS™ SIP IMS test suite provides a full-fledged advanced network environment that allows users to test their applications, devices and services prior to deployment on a real-time network. It can be used to emulate all or specific elements within the IMS network infrastructure using simple out-of-the-box testbed configurations. The network architecture shown above describes the elements of the IMS core network that can be emulated using GL’s MAPS™ SIP IMS test suite,” said Vijay Kulkarni, CEO of GL Communications.
He further added, “It can emulate multiple UEs and IMS core elements such as Proxy – Call Session Control Function (P-CSCF), Interrogating – Call Session Control Function (I-CSCF) , Serving – Call Session Control Function (S-CSCF), Policy and Charging Rules Function (PCRF), Media Gateway Control Function (MGCF) and IP Short Message Gateway (IP-SM-GW) which provides the core network IMS.
GL also provides an all-IP packet analyzer – PacketScan™ for real-time capture, decoding and monitoring of SIP signaling and RTP media over live IMS networks.
- Emulate multiple User Equipment (UE)
- Supports both signaling and traffic emulation (RTP and GTP from emulated UEs) between two IMS nodes
- Supports CS domain traffic generation and verification over LTE-IMS or 5G – IMS, including VoLTE (voice), VoNR and SMS services
- Supports emulation of core network, access network, roaming architecture and interoperability with other networks
- Complete IMS lab for an end-to-end testing solution
- The test environment allows users to test each element of the IMS network independently using single interface emulation or multi-interface emulation
- Any network element in the lab environment can be replaced by Device Under Test to verify its functionality
- Easily integrate the IMS core network with 5G, 4G, 3G, 2G or any other PSTN networks to test any call scenario using Remote MAPS™
- Create custom call scenarios as MAPS™ provides a complete script-based solution
- Assess any application or service using the IMS Core Network
- Remotely control or monitor all interfaces and interworking elements using the Remote MAPS™ app
About GL Communications Inc.,
GL Communications is a global provider of telecommunications test and measurement solutions. GL solutions are used to verify the quality and reliability of wireless networks (4G LTE, 3G, 2G), SONET/SDH, Ethernet/IP, TDM and PSTN.
Vikram Kulkarni, PhD
Phone: 301-670-4784 x114
Email: [email protected]
Media Contact: [email protected]