A media man has been arrested for allegedly operating a 3D-printed weapons lab in his apartment


MEDIA – A borough man has been arrested for allegedly producing untraceable “ghost guns” and methamphetamine in a downtown commercial corridor apartment.

“Guns and drugs is what this defendant was making in an apartment on State Street in Media, an area occupied by office workers as well as children, and only a block from the courthouse. justice,” county attorney Jack Stollsteimer said in a statement. Thusday. “In addition to the obvious dangers of the products he was manufacturing, the defendant discharged firearms into his apartment with no concern for the safety of his neighbors or the residents of the borough.”

Jeffrey Neithammer, 36, of the 300 block of West State Street, is charged with one count each of discharging a firearm into an occupied structure, possession of a controlled substance and possession of paraphernalia of drug use, as well as three counts of reckless endangerment, according to court records online.

The arrest resulted from a search of Neithammer’s flat after police and firefighters responded to a call for a smoke alarm on Sunday and discovered drug and ghost weapon-making materials, according to a affidavit of probable cause for his arrest written by police Lt. Matthew Egan.

The Media Fire Co. and Media Borough Police Department responded to Pompei State Street Sandwiches at 301 W. State St. at around 11:37 a.m. for a fire alarm report, the affidavit states.

The building owner quickly arrived and granted first responders access to the apartments and basement as they searched for the source of the alarm, according to the affidavit.

There was no response when firefighters and police knocked on the door of Neithammer’s apartment, the affidavit states. Upon entering, they found the unit littered with trash and messy, according to Egan, and the path to the kitchen was completely blocked with wood and other objects.

The landlord and firefighters initially believed they had found a body lying in the apartment’s living room, but later determined the person, identified as Neithammer, was alive. Firefighters also told police they saw evidence the apartment was being used as a meth lab, the affidavit states.

Egan and the police sergeant. Robert Brown spoke to Neithammer, who was “very pale and sweating profusely”, with a sheet around his waist, according to the affidavit. When officers entered the apartment to check the fire alarms, they reportedly found metal-working equipment and various gun and drug-making paraphernalia inside, including a notebook. computer with white powder, a straw and a razor near where Neithammer had been found earlier. Police also found several large bottles in the bathroom, one of which had a hose sticking out of it, and wires and computers scattered around the apartment, according to the affidavit.

Neithammer was arrested for possession of drugs and paraphernalia, and a bomb squad was called in to ensure there were no explosive compounds at the scene, the affidavit states.

County Detective Brian Alexander, a member of the bomb squad, declared the apartment safe, and Egan and the county Detective Sgt. Anthony Ruggieri obtained a search warrant for the premises, according to the affidavit.

Among the items seized in the search were two ghost pistols, both fitted with silencers, as well as two pistols, one of which also had a silencer, a modified .22 caliber. rifle with scope and numerous other 3D-printed and metal silencer attachments, the affidavit states.

Police also found methamphetamine, cocaine, numerous 3D-printed handgun magazines, various other 3D-printed gun parts, including a printed AR rifle stocking, and machine guns. manufacturing, including a 3D printer, lathes, drill presses, sanders and saws.

Police also found numerous bullet holes in doors, ceilings and wooden planks strewn throughout the apartment as well as fired casings, indicating that Neithammer had fired weapons inside.

The affidavit notes that the 3D-printed guns and silencers found at the site were serviceable and functioned as intended. Neithammer pleaded guilty to a felony firearm charge in Philadelphia in 2012, making him ineligible to own or possess firearms, the affidavit states.

“Unfortunately, this case lays bare the ease with which firearms can now be obtained in our community,” Stollsteimer said. “We are inundated with guns, and these guns endanger the lives of first responders and ordinary citizens every day. We must fight this battle every day, in every way possible – we want the accused and his products off our streets. »

Stollsteimer praised members of Media Fire Co. and the Media Policing Department, Police Chief Martin Wusinich, other first responders who assisted in the investigation, and Detectives Ruggieri and Alexander.

Neithammer was arraigned before Magistrate District Judge Walter A. Strohl, who set bail at 10% of $200,000. Neithammer was remanded to Concord County Jail pending a preliminary hearing scheduled for May 20 before Magistrate District Judge Andrew Goldberg. No defense attorneys are listed in the online court records.


About Author

Comments are closed.